Community Business (“the Organisation”) undertakes to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in Hong Kong and is committed to making your privacy the highest priority. To ensure you are well informed of the personal data as collected, please read through this guideline.
Purpose of Collection and Guideline for Use of Personal Data
1. Community Business will use personal data collected from data subject for the purposes for which it was collected.
2. Community Business may use your personal data (including your name, contact details and other information collected in your profile such as the event(s) you participated in, the areas of focus you indicated, etc.) for one or more of the following purposes including, but not limited to, the provision of the latest updates on the programmes, research, courses, workshops, conferences, seminars and events, promotions, discounts and offers, opportunities for sponsorship, networking and donations, opinion sharing, and other related services or benefits provided by Community Business and/or other business partners/organisations, jointly and severally.
3. Community Business also intends to use your personal data for the purposes of feedback collection, surveys, membership administration, request processing (such as registration, billing, payment, donation collection, enquiry handling, etc.) and other communication and marketing purposes via postal mail, electronic mail, telephone, SMS, fax, online, etc.
Access to Personal Data
1. Your personal data are treated as strictly confidential and securely kept.
2. The personal data being collected via the present means, other than being utilized as the purposes above mentioned, will not be sold, traded or rented in any forms through any means to any other parties.
3. However, Community Business may disclose or transfer such personal data for the above purposes to any third party service provider; any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Community Business including without limitation, Community Business staff and other business associated organisations which have undertaken to keep such information confidential; any person or entity to whom Community Business is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law or rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities binding on Community Business or with which Community Business is expected to comply.
Correction of Personal Data and Request for Cessation of Using Personal Data
1. The provision of your personal data to Community Business is on voluntary basis.
2. Apart from the exemptions provided under the Ordinance, you are entitled to access to and correct your personal data held by Community Business, and request us to cease to use your personal data at any time without charges.
3. If you choose not to receive any future communication from Community Business, please email
Changes in this Privacy Statement
Community Business reserves the right to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement in the following manner at any time as the Organisation deems necessary, so you are strongly recommended to review this Privacy Statement frequently. If Community Business decides to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement, the Organisation will post those changes to this webpage and/or other places the Organisation deems appropriate so that you would be aware of what information the Organisation collects, how the Organisation uses it, and under what circumstances, if any, the Organisation discloses it.
If Community Business makes material changes to this Privacy Statement, the Organisation will notify you on this webpage, by email, or by means of a notice on the home page of the Organisation.